DICP OpenIR
Crossed-Beams Studies of the Dynamics of the H-Atom Abstraction Reaction, O(P-3) + CH4 -> OH + CH3, at Hyperthermal Collision Energies
Zhang, Jianming1; Lahankar, Sridhar A.1; Garton, Donna J.1; Minton, Timothy K.1; Zhang, Weiqing2; Yang, Xueming2
Source PublicationJOURNAL OF PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY A
2011-10-13
DOI10.1021/jp207137t
Volume115Issue:40Pages:10894-10902
Indexed BySCI
SubtypeArticle
WOS HeadingsScience & Technology ; Physical Sciences
WOS SubjectChemistry, Physical ; Physics, Atomic, Molecular & Chemical
WOS Research AreaChemistry ; Physics
WOS KeywordSATURATED-HYDROCARBONS ; THEORETICAL INVESTIGATIONS ; SCATTERING DYNAMICS ; CHEMICAL-DYNAMICS ; EXCITATION ; SECTIONS ; METHANE ; CH4 ; COLLISIONS ; SECONDARY
AbstractThe H-atom abstraction reaction, O(P-3) + CH4 -> OH + CH3, has been studied at a hyperthermal collision energy of 64 kcal mol(-1) by two crossed-molecular-beams techniques. The OH products were detected with a rotatable mass spectrometer employing electron-impact ionization, and the CH3 products were detected with the combination of resonance-enhanced multiphoton ionization (REMPI) and time-sliced ion velocity-map imaging. The OH products are mainly formed through a stripping mechanism, in which the reagent O atom approaches the CH4 molecule at large impact parameters and the OH product is scattered in the forward direction: roughly the same direction as the reagent 0 atoms. Most of the available energy is partitioned into product translation. The dominance of the stripping mechanism is a unique feature of such H-atom abstraction reactions at hyperthermal collision energies. In the hyperthermal reaction of O(P-3) with CH4, the H-atom abstraction reaction pathway accounts for 70% of the reactive collisions, while the H-atom elimination pathway to produce OCH3 + H accounts for the other 30%.
Language英语
WOS IDWOS:000295545800008
Citation statistics
Cited Times:18[WOS]   [WOS Record]     [Related Records in WOS]
Document Type期刊论文
Identifierhttp://cas-ir.dicp.ac.cn/handle/321008/142311
Collection中国科学院大连化学物理研究所
Affiliation1.Montana State Univ, Dept Chem & Biochem, Bozeman, MT 59717 USA
2.Chinese Acad Sci, State Key Lab Mol React Dynam, Dalian Inst Chem Phys, Dalian 116023, Liaoning, Peoples R China
Recommended Citation
GB/T 7714
Zhang, Jianming,Lahankar, Sridhar A.,Garton, Donna J.,et al. Crossed-Beams Studies of the Dynamics of the H-Atom Abstraction Reaction, O(P-3) + CH4 -> OH + CH3, at Hyperthermal Collision Energies[J]. JOURNAL OF PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY A,2011,115(40):10894-10902.
APA Zhang, Jianming,Lahankar, Sridhar A.,Garton, Donna J.,Minton, Timothy K.,Zhang, Weiqing,&Yang, Xueming.(2011).Crossed-Beams Studies of the Dynamics of the H-Atom Abstraction Reaction, O(P-3) + CH4 -> OH + CH3, at Hyperthermal Collision Energies.JOURNAL OF PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY A,115(40),10894-10902.
MLA Zhang, Jianming,et al."Crossed-Beams Studies of the Dynamics of the H-Atom Abstraction Reaction, O(P-3) + CH4 -> OH + CH3, at Hyperthermal Collision Energies".JOURNAL OF PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY A 115.40(2011):10894-10902.
Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
Related Services
Recommend this item
Bookmark
Usage statistics
Export to Endnote
Google Scholar
Similar articles in Google Scholar
[Zhang, Jianming]'s Articles
[Lahankar, Sridhar A.]'s Articles
[Garton, Donna J.]'s Articles
Baidu academic
Similar articles in Baidu academic
[Zhang, Jianming]'s Articles
[Lahankar, Sridhar A.]'s Articles
[Garton, Donna J.]'s Articles
Bing Scholar
Similar articles in Bing Scholar
[Zhang, Jianming]'s Articles
[Lahankar, Sridhar A.]'s Articles
[Garton, Donna J.]'s Articles
Terms of Use
No data!
Social Bookmark/Share
All comments (0)
No comment.
 

Items in the repository are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.